Friday, October 18, 2013

Dolly Update 1

Posted by Ainsley Cooper at 9:48 AM
I'll do this in two parts since it's about two different dolls.
First up is Sophie from my Liv dolls whose face I repainted. Just as a recap, this is what she looked like before:


This is what she looks like now:

Not great, but I don't think it's that bad for a first repaint. I kept it simple because I'm horrible at drawing a line of any sort. There are some subtle and not so subtle flaws, like her eyebrows being a bit wonky, she's got no lower lashes or any definition to her eyelids, and there's a mystery spot of something glossy on her forehead. Like I said, I tried to keep it within what I could handle.
The wig is Tibetan lambskin. It's not that great. I was trying not to spend too much money so I wouldn't get in trouble with the hubby, so I bought some 2" scrap pieces (but not enough of each color because I'm REALLY bad at math). But then I had the ingenious idea to do a two color wig but couldn't find a pattern that would position the colors where I wanted them to be, so I had to make one from scratch and it ended up not being so good. That's also a pretty bad shot of the wig. I don't know what is going on but it wasn't laying the way it's supposed to. Here's a better shot of the wig:


And here she is with the pink Moxie wig I have and the entire outfit I made for her:


That's actually not the original dress I made. The first one was a tan vintage fabric with little flowers on it.
And here's her new (not so good) shoes:




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

proCRAFTStination Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos